Learning through healthy cooking!
Please sign up here to join the Kitchen for Kids family newsletter
Kitchen for Kids workshops are age appropriate and incorporate both cooking skills and nutritional education.
With a fun hands-on approach, we aim to teach our students:
- a variety of basic cooking techniques including hygiene and safety
- how to read and follow recipes
- how to measure ingredients and convert measurements
- where our food comes from
- health benefits of nutritious foods and the different food groups
- A positive attitude toward food and eating
- A preference for wholesome foods
- The confidence and independence needed to make nutritious food choices and develop life-long healthy eating habits
- Exposure to a variety of foods with different colours, textures, smells and flavours to encourage adventurous eating
- The ability to help cook family meals and pack their own lunches
- Always link back to math, science, reading, problem solving and fine motor skills